Blog #20, Global Healing & Meditation,
Dear Fellow Human Being,
I proprose a Unified approach to help heal and resolve what has beset our Human Society on Planet Earth at this time, during the year 2020 and beyond. Such a unified approach requires at least 1% of the planet’s population to participate. Yes, although such an endeavour is highly possible, even if you feel it to be improbable, but, then, we as individual’s who make up our Human Society, will either wake up and get involved, or we will not. Fortunately, only 1% of the planet’s population is required to do what the 99% cannot or will not do. I have on good account that 1% seems to be the magic number to help create, what is known as ‘Critical Mass.’ This means that just 1% of the population, numbering about 70.3 million people out of a world population of about 7.3 billion, become involved and participate in a regular meditation programme, the intention of which is to heal what ails our Human Society, Establish Balance, expand Conscious Awareness, Raise Consciousness, and to bring into effect Positive Change within each country, and our planet as a whole. With sufficient people participating in this endeavour, the energy and consciousness thus generated can cause a wave of positive change to sweep all over our planet, in a natural, easy, Divine and Perfect Way.
I invite you, one and all, to get involved, and participate in a regular global meditation practice, that will build up its impact, as we meditate on a consistent and regular basis. This is what I propose;
The Meditation process has begun, please join us. Choose a Meditation time from the schedule below. To be done each day at the same time;
- 06:00 (am) GMT, Greenwich Meridian Time of Greenwich, England, United Kingdom, including Iceland, parts of Western Africa.
- 06:00+ 1 hour GMT, Western Europe, Scandinavia, West Africa going South.
- 06:00+2 hours, GMT, For Eastern Europe, Eastern Asia & Western Middle East
- 06:00+3 hours GMT, For Western Russia, Eastern Middle East, Eastern Africa, going South, including Madagascar.
- 06:00+4 hours GMT (for Russia, Eastern Middle East.
- 06:00+5 hours GMT, Russia, Indonesia, Western Australia.
- 06:00+6 hours GMT, Russia, India, Nepal, Western China.
- 06:00+7 hours GMT, Russia, China, Indonesia, Thailand and contiguous countries.
- 06:00+8 hours GMT, Russia, China, Hong Kong, Philippines, Western Australia
- .06:00+9 hours GMT, Russia, China, Mongolia, Central Australia.
- .06:00+10 hours GMT, Russia (Sakha Republic) Eastern Australia,
- .06:00+10 hours GMT, Alaska, New Zealand.
- .06:00-1 hour GMT, Azores Islands.
- .06:00-2 hours GMT, Greenland, Argentina.
- .06:00-3 hours GMT, Brazil, Venezuela, Chile.
- .06:00-4 hours GMT, Nova Scotia, Quebec, New Brunswick, Maine.
- .06:00-5 hours GMT, Eastern Canada, East Coast USA, Caribbean, Columbia, Ecuador, Peru.
- .06:00-6 hours GMT, Central Canada, Central USA, Mexico.
- .06:00-7 hours GMT, West Coast USA, Wester Canada.
This means that we will be able to meditate, at least once a day in a unified manner each day. For the second daily meditation, I would like to suggest 14:00 hours (pm) GMT. Please do your best to work out the correct time from the schedule above. Also, please let me know if I have erred in the above times relative to GMT. I ask you to spread the word far and wide, to all your friends and contacts. This is a joint effort, we are all to be involved, and together we can help make positive changes, just by raising the frequency by our joint meditation, which carries with it our joint intention of Healing, Peace, Harmony, Well-Being, Love & Compassion.
Below, please find two simple yet effective meditation techniques known as ‘The Void’ or ‘The Empty Bowl,’ and the other is known as ‘So Hum.’ Choose what is more appropriate for you. One is a breathing technique, the other uses a mantra. There is much more to meditating, and I am available to answer questions. These two meditations are for those who do not know how to meditate with a formal technique. The purpose of meditation is not to think, although thoughts are a part of it. The real purpose is to allow your mind and body to experience deep rest and peace, whereby the mind can transcend itself. Before you begin any meditation, sit in a comfortable quiet place, if you can, close your eyes, and allow a few moments to facilitate your mind and body to accommodate the intention of meditation. Then have the intention of that which you wish to accomplish. Begin to meditate, and after meditation, allow yourself some minutes for your mind and body to enter into activity, in a gentle manner. If you are in any doubt as to how meditation works and how it does not work, please refer to my e-book, Meditation, Yoga & Breathing, which can be found on my secure website, anthonyaltmanbooks.com, in the Bookstore. Normally, a formal meditation technique is to be learned from a teacher of such, so as to ensure you are meditating correctly. However, we are all to do our best, and if you are having any meditation difficulties, please contact me, describing the issue in full. You can contact me by the Contact form on my website.
If you have any constructive comments to make, and if you notice I have erred with the GMT time schedule, please let me know as soon as possible. This joint act, on a regular basis, is an extremely powerful contribution in helping yourself, humanity and our planet. Please join us. Together, we will help facilitate Positive Change, with Ease & Grace, in a Divine & Perfect way.
Anthony Altman, 31st March, 2020.
Meditation – The Void, also known as The Empy Bowl.
There are several variations of this meditation, and I am sure you will find your own comfortable formula.
Sit in a comfortable position, with you back comfortably straight. Lean against a wall, or, if you prefer to sit without any support, you may want to place a cushion under your tailbone area, so that, that part of your body is slightly raised and you can sit in the lotus or half lotus position (folded legs) in a much more comfortable way.
- Close your eyes.
- Place your tongue behind your top teeth, touching the roof of your mouth. This completes an energetic circuit that is helpful in your body relaxing, and releases stress.
- Inhale through the nose, long and deep. Put your attention on your breath.
At the point when you pause in your inhalation, there is a gap – no breath – The Void! Put your attention there, and wait until your body begins to exhale (through the nose).
- Follow the exhalation out of your lungs, until you get to that point, that gap, where there is no more exhalation – this is the other Void. Put your attention here and observe the Void. Follow the next inhalation until you get to the next void and then observe, without judgement. Be the witness of the void.
- Follow this process for about 10 minutes, and no more than 20 minutes until you get used to this potent meditative process.
- At the end of the meditation, allow your attention to wonder, and wait for about 2 minutes, before you open your eyes.
The void is nothingness from which “everythingness” springs forth. This is the field of pure potential, which you can tap and utilize in your life as a powerful tool to raise your consciousness, release limitations, including negative karma. The void or ‘nothing’ contains within it, everything, and conversely, everything contains the potential of nothing. This is because we live in a three dimensional, polarized world of duality. As above – so below!
Meditation – So-Hum
In this meditation we incorporate the breath and a mantra. The meaning of So-Hum is ‘I Am That,’ explained as follows; ‘So’ means “I am,’ while ‘Hum’ means ‘That.’ When we quietly say mentally (not out loud) ‘So,’ we are inviting the Divine Principle/Life to enter our being, and when we mentally say ‘Hum,’ we invite our limitations to leave us. This meditation is a very effective means to help create balance in our body, mind and spirit, as we harmonize with Cosmic Consciousness.
- Sit in a quiet place. Consciously think of your positive intent to be at peace.
- In this instance, and while you practice any other form of meditation, place your hands in ‘jnana mudra,’ which is where your thumbs are touching the tips of the index fingers of the same hand, forming a circle with each hand. I understand that this mudra/hand position signifies the circle of creation in its completeness, while the remaining three fingers represent Brahma the creator, Vishnu the preserver, and Shiva the energy that causes change.
- Quietly observe your breath, and when you feel that moment when your breath relaxes, mentally (no sound) say ‘So’ as you inhale, while still observing the breath, inviting your ‘I Am Presence’ to be present. When these three principles, soundless sound (thought), breath, and conscious awareness (observation) unite, Cosmic Consciousness is stimulated by the light thus created.
- As you exhale say mentally (no sound), ‘Hum,’ maintaining awareness of the exhaling breath, you invite all your limitations, out-of-balance ego, and anything that no longer supports you in a positive manner – to leave you, or be transformed into limitlessness.
- Be aware of the rhythm that develops and flow with it.
- If and when your mind wanders, bring it back to the mantra, and the breath.
- This is easy. There is no effort.
- Ten to 20 minutes is fine. At the conclusion of the meditation (do not use any kind of alarm. Just look at a clock), stop mantra and allow the mind to wander for about two minutes, then, slowly open the eyes.
As in each and every meditation technique, simplicity, effortlessness and naturalness are the way. In the event that a practitioner practices any of these meditation techniques incorrectly, stress is usually the result. Be aware, be mindfull, and observe your mind and body. Listen to what they may be telling you. If you feel that any of these techniques are too difficult for you to master, please do as I recommend, find a teacher. This is why I endorse the learning of TM, because the system of teaching and learning are extremely extensive, thorough and complete.